Re: grabbing data and auto email set users

Okay here is the full code.  Now I got this code off a friend!  In this first section to display the data that is grabbed from the db.

  ----
  <?php
  $db = mysql_connect("localhost", "user", "pass");
  mysql_select_db("db_select",$db);
  $result = mysql_query("SELECT `nickname`  FROM tipping
WHERE 1
ORDER BY `score`
DESC LIMIT 0, 30",$db);
  while ($myrow = mysql_fetch_row($result)) {
                  printf("
                $myrow[0]);
  }
  ?>
  <input type="submit" value="submit">
</form>
----

  It displays the data fine.  Please note in the above there is more code and I doubt the issue is in there as the data fetching shows fine, I believe the error lies somewhere below.

  Than the form submit is pushed to another page with this code:

  ---

  <?
  include('../conf.inc.php');
      if ($REQUEST_METHOD == "POST") {
            $usr = "user";
            $pwd = "pass";
            $db = "db_select";
            $host = "localhost";
              $cid = mysql_connect($host,$usr,$pwd);
            mysql_select_db($db);

            // NOTE that form fields automatically become variables

  $query = "insert into round3 SET username='$username[$a]'";
            mysql_query("$query");
            echo(" ");
}
      else {echo("Ooops, something bad happened!  Please try again shortly.");}
  ?>

  ---

  But when I check the db only ONE entry is added and it's blank.  But on the the page that displays the data shows 12 records.  So it's not updating for some reason?  Any help?