Re: grabbing data and auto email set users

JeRRy wrote:
Okay I have the emails to work now, thanks so much Chris. But now I have encountered another problem, I hope you don't mind helping, I am obviously missing again something basic. Basic than before. I have this code: $result = mysql_query("SELECT `nickname` FROM tipping
WHERE 1
ORDER BY `score`
DESC LIMIT 0, 30",$db);
while ($myrow = mysql_fetch_row($result)) {
                printf("
                $myrow[0]);
}
?>
which displays all the users names. than I want to push it to another page that tells the db to update, one username per record. Code below: $query = "insert into round3 SET username='$username[$a]'";
            mysql_query("$query");
            echo(" ");
}
else {echo("Ooops, something bad happened! Please try again shortly.");}
?>
<input type="submit" value="submit">
</form>
But when I check the db this is what I get. A new record created but username is blank.

Where is $username[$a] meant to come from? You don't show enough code about this to work out why.

Are you posting the results? Are you getting it from a select box? other ... ?

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/