Re: Using results for next query

In article <200403080618.i286IEmF016027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...

> Hi People,
>
> Am needing a little help on the following scenario.
>
> Selecting user_id from one table for all entries that match the required
> criteria.
>
> Now I want to use the user_id's that are returned by the previous query in
> another to obtain more information from another table.
>
> Basically using the results of one query to become the critera for another
> query and do this for all the responses from the first query.

> Cheers,
>
> Shannon

If there is a direct link between the tables, for instance the user_id,
you could probably use a join to achieve this with just one query.
Something like:

SELECT user_id, othertablea, othertableb FROM userid_table, othertable
WHERE [userid criteria] AND userid_table.user_id = othertable.user_id

Cheers
--
Quod subigo farinam