Re: MS-SQL server connection

Hi Rafi,

You need to install (and configure) the SQL Server Client tools. The
important part here is the 'Client Network Utility' where you create
aliases for host names, protocols and other options.

The default setting for both the SQL server and the client is (in most
cases) to use named pipes for the connection, but if the server and the
client uses different protocols you will not be able to connect without
creating an alias.

- Frank

> I am trying to create a connection w' MS-SQL Server to use with php.  I
have
> the server name (on our LAN) and my UID & PWD (work via MS-ODBC driver
for
> Access db).  However my php is failing to bring any data back (unknown
> host).  Any suggestions if I am missing any parms?
>
> [I am a newbie so plz be gentle :) ]
>
> Rafi

> which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
> recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
that
> any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.
If