Unexpected Session Behavior on Mozilla

Hello PHP-DB listers,

I've a  PHP, MySQL Web Page script that branches according to browser
(e.g., MSIE, or Mozilla ) and which uses a small number of session
variables. I've noticed that when connecting through Explorer, for each
browser / page instance opened on the same machine, there is a new session
file created ( as I would expect ).  Yet when connecting through Mozilla
on RH9, there is only one session file created per machine, which causes a
second instance of the page to inherit the values of the session variables
from the previously opened page. This is confusing to me, to say the
least. Anybody have any thoughts as to why this is occurring?

MySQL 4.0.16
PHP 4.3.4
Apache 2.0.48
Win2K IE 5.50x