So, change your line to

<input name="link" id="link" type="text" cols="40" value="<?=$query_data[4]?>" />

Cheers - Neil.

At 18:10 28/01/2004 +0000, you wrote:
From: "David T-G" <davidtg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "PHP DB list" <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Florian Habegger" <florian.habegger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 16:25
Subject: Re:  test
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Georg Herland" <georgh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:05:28 +0100
Subject: Inserting querydata as default value in form

Hi!

I hav made a simle page to insert update and delete data in MYSQL.
I try to put existing data into a standard form field to make editing
easyer:
<input name=link TYPE=TEXT cols=40 value=$query_data[4]>
Problem is when the text data contains a space ie "Look here". Then only the
first word show. To display both words i have to update the data to
"Look_here" witch isn't really looking good.
A good suggestion, anyone?

TIA Georg :-)

CaptionKit http://www.captionkit.com : Production tools
for accessible subtitled internet media, transcripts
and searchable video. Supports Real Player, Quicktime
and Windows Media Player.

VideoChat with friends online, get Freshly Toasted every
day at http://www.fresh-toast.net : NetMeeting solutions
for a connected world.