Re: Re: IBM DB2 & PHP 4.3.2 behaviour

Unfortunately it doesn't really work... It depends on what ODBC they happen to be running ->
http://www.phpbuilder.com/mail/php-db/2001071/0395.php

Thierry B. wrote:

Hi,

quoted from 'function.odbc-connect.php'.Perhaps it might helps:

--------------------------------------
cs at coolspot dot de
10-Jul-2001 08:01
We've tried hard to connect from php to our IBM DB2 RS/6000 Server. It
worked after we compiled with --ibm-db2= option, but it was unbelievable
slow.

No, just testing some options, we found out that it went from very slow
(getting 100 records lasts 1 till 10 seconds) to fast access (almost same
speed as with using JDBC from Servlets) to 0.2 till 0.3 seconds.

We simply added the optional parameter Cursortype to odbc_connect, and with
the cursortype SQL_CUR_USE_ODBC it changed in that way!

Hope this helps anybody who must connect to db2 ;)
--------------------------------

"Gerard Samuel" <gsam@trini0.org> a écrit dans le message de news:
3F426D04.8070703@trini0.org...

For the most part, I got my code running with IBM DB2 8.1.3
But its slower than dirt.  Maybe 1 out of 10 times, a page would exceed
the 30 second time limit.
I understand on a fresh database startup, it takes time to get things
together to run.
But sometimes it would seem like its going fast, then othertimes, crawl
slower than snails.
Im just checking with the crowd that uses DB2 via PHP to see if they get
similar
behaviour with DB2.

Thanks.