Re: IBM DB2 & PHP 4.3.2 behaviour

Hi,

quoted from 'function.odbc-connect.php'.Perhaps it might helps:

--------------------------------------
cs at coolspot dot de
10-Jul-2001 08:01
We've tried hard to connect from php to our IBM DB2 RS/6000 Server. It
worked after we compiled with --ibm-db2= option, but it was unbelievable
slow.

No, just testing some options, we found out that it went from very slow
(getting 100 records lasts 1 till 10 seconds) to fast access (almost same
speed as with using JDBC from Servlets) to 0.2 till 0.3 seconds.

We simply added the optional parameter Cursortype to odbc_connect, and with
the cursortype SQL_CUR_USE_ODBC it changed in that way!

Hope this helps anybody who must connect to db2 ;)

3F426D04.8070703@trini0.org...