RE: Form TextArea Formatting

> I've created a web form that includes a textarea input box called
> MessageText.  The data from this form will be inserted into a mysql
table.
> My problem is that the form users will be inserting formatted text
into
> this
> textarea and I need to be able to transfer the formatting as well as
the
> content into the database.  Right now, all formatting is lost in the
> transfer.  Any ideas or suggestions?

If you're talking about spaces and tabs and newlines, the formatting
isn't lost. It just that HTML doesn't render tabs or newlines or more
than one space. You need to convert your plain text to HTML so it
renders correctly. Newlines are <br>, spaces are &nbsp;, etc...

These URLs may help:

www.php.net/nl2br
www.php.net/htmlentities

---John W. Holmes...

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/