Re: sort by date

Well, excuse me for being a bit cynical, but it's hard to be
philosophical with a deadline hanging over your head. It's true that
most of the questions can be answered by looking at the manual, but you
also have to assume the possibility that the person who's asking them
has a real and immediate need for the answers--at least that's the way I
try to think.

One thing that would be great, IMHO, would be to start putting together
a little FAQ, like many other mailing lists have, that gets updated and
posted to the list once a month... it could contain answers to the most
frequently asked questions--anybody who's tired of answering that
register_globals has been turned off in recent versions raise your hand!
:-)

Marco
--
------------
php|architect - The magazine for PHP Professionals

Come visit us at http://www.phparch.com!

--- Begin Message ---

Agreed.  we prove day in and out that the answers are only an email
away...why would anyone go a different route.  manual?  whats a manual?
There are some brilliant people on this list, but some equally intelligent
people wrote some fine documentation.

                    "Ignatius
                    Reilly"               To:     "Snijders, Mark" <Mark.Snijders@atosorigin.com>, "'Marco Tabini'"
                    <ignatius.reill        <marcot@inicode.com>, "Terry Romine" <eatrom@blazing-trails.com>
                    y@free.fr>            cc:     <php-db@lists.php.net>
                                          Subject:     Re:  sort by date
                    11/06/2002
                    10:29 AM

Good point.

"Tell me and I forget, show me and I remember, involve me and I understand"

Ignatius