RE: sort by date

Just to weigh in on the tail end here, a FAQ of the top N items would be
nice. But I have to say, I use the archives a lot before I post to the list.
The archives contain the answers to most questions out there. If subscribers
to this list checked the archives to see if their answer is there, then
questions like register_globals might decrease in frequency.

The other side effect of researching answers for yourself before posting is
that you gain exposure to more of the language faster. How many times do you
read about something that doesn't solve your immediate problem, but puts an
idea into your head as to how you might handle a future situation? I know I
benefit from it.

Still, nothing better than being able to get help from some of the seasoned
pros on this list right away.