Re: sort by date

Thanks.

My error seemed to be just in the group declaration. Comparing yours
and mine with slight modifications to yours that eventually worked as
desired:

yours:
select e.id, title, min(event_date) as event_date from eventTable e,
dateTable d where e.id = d.event_key group by e.id;

mine:
select e.*,min(d.event_date) as event_date from eventTable e,dateTable
d where e.id = d.event_key group by d.event_date,d.event_key;

As you see, I was already trying to do a join, but the group by was
throwing me.

Terry