Re: [php-objects] New package rating system at PHP Classes

Manuel Lemos wrote:

> [snip]

> The problem is not quite adding a consistency rating but rather how
> people will interpret it. I am afraid that some people only value a
> style that is the same as their own even when the style of the classes
> they rate is well defined and applied consistently.

Good point.  Maybe a new sections could be added to the site.  One that
covers the various named coding styles/standards.  It could serve as a
resource for others to use to decide if they want to follow any of them
themselves and adding a new field called codingStyle that linked to the
actual page so when others are looking at grabbing a class that follows
a coding style they can have a quick check to see if it's something
they're going to like.

Obviously there will need to be an option for "personal" (those that
have their own style), "other" (those that follow a style/standard not
listed (this could lead to a form allowing them to submit the style they
use)) and "none" (more than likely new coders that hack for
functionality as opposed to style).

> I have added a consistency rating but I am not sure how will this rating
> will weight in a overall rating.
>
> This is not yet decided but utility will weight most of the overall
> rating. Maybe utility will get 60% of the rating and the other four
> items will weight 10% each.
>
> Maybe I should make a poll on the weights of each rating.

Polls are good :)

You should run one now asking if people think it'll be useful and after
a few months run another one asking the same question with the added
option of "Sucks, dump it."  :)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/saFolB/TM