Re: [php-objects] New package rating system at PHP Classes

Manuel Lemos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Finally I made time to implement a frequently requested feature: a
> rating system for packages made available in the PHP Classes site.
>
> The idea is to let users that have downloaded packages from the site to
> rate them in up to 4 criteria: utility, documentation, examples and test
> scripts. Only packages that have any of the the last 3 types of files
> can be rated in the respective criteria.
>
> For now there is only a rating page but later there will be user rating
> charts and even contests.
>
> I am not yet announcing this feature to all site users before it is
> subject of some testing. So please try it by going to the rate page and
> let me know if you experience any problems or difficulties to understand
> how it works.
>
> http://www.phpclasses.org/rate.html

Could I suggest one more category?
Code Formatting; how well the code is laid out.  How consistant it is
thorughout the script etc.

As someone who spends all day working with php the one thing that really
annoys me is grabbing a class from somewhere that I think might be
useful and then looking over the code only to find it unreadable because
the coder hasn't been coding long enough to build up this sort of habit.

Just my two cents.

Regards,
Gold
Work - http://www.babel.com.au/