Re: How can I replace $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] in PHP 7.0?

On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 13:28:49 +0100, Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>On 14/09/2021 11:32, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 11:21:00 +0100, Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The basic steps would have been just checking what
>>> $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] contained. That would have negated pretty much
>>> all the rest of the test code, etc, that you wrote, as that's the actual
>>> problem.
>> Do you mean to for example do some kind of dir listing based on
>> $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']?
>>
>> If so I have no idea how to do that...
>> I assume that there is a PHP command to help but I have not been using such ever
>> so I don't know.
>>
>No, $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] is a string, just echo out what it
>actually is on both versions of PHP. That would show you what you now
>know, that it's different for whatever reason. It could be a script
>being run that's altering it, it could be a change in server config, not
>easy to tell without more digging.

Does it matter if I use
$_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] rather than
$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']

In the code I am struggling with it uses double quotes rather than single quotes
as you show here,

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden