Re: Build PHP

Brian Smither wrote:

>> There is <https://wiki.php.net/internals/windows/stepbystepbuild>,
>> which should be helpful.
>
> It was helpful, but did not allow me to understand what was going on,
> nor is it up to date, nor does it provide for any follow-up questions
> -- all within my definition of "tutorial".

Building PHP on Windows seems somewhat uncommon, so don't expect too much.

> The page of "Windows Libraries" is confusing. Do I need to download
> and put in place all of that?

I believe that downloading the php-sdk package is sufficient.  At least
that worked for me (I did not try to build fpm, though).

>                                What does YES in the V11 column mean?
> What is V11?

Apparently, that should be VC9 resp. VC11.

> I have PHP5.5.6 (snapshot, apparently) running on 2008 now, and I see
> an honorific to the FastCGI Process Manager. But where is it?

The sources are in sapi/fpm.

> In my seventh and latest aborted attempt to compile PHP (last attempt
> is PHP5.5.11), I expected to see a mention of the FPM in the results
> of the "configure --help" command. But there is no mention.

Indeed.  The information on
<http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.fpm.php> doesn't seem to help, either.

Have you tried to contact the PHP-FPM community directly?
(<http://php-fpm.org/community/>)

--
Christoph M. Becker