Re[2]: Build PHP

>There is <https://wiki.php.net/internals/windows/stepbystepbuild>, which
>should be helpful.

It was helpful, but did not allow me to understand what was going on, nor is it up to date, nor does it provide for any follow-up questions -- all within my definition of "tutorial".

>Furthermore phpsdk_buildtree.bat of the php-sdk-binary-tools
>doesn't create folders for vc11.  I had to copy the vc9 folder manually.

Which I did as well. Luckily, nothing broke.

The page of "Windows Libraries" is confusing. Do I need to download and put in place all of that? What does YES in the V11 column mean? What is V11?

I have PHP5.5.6 (snapshot, apparently) running on 2008 now, and I see an honorific to the FastCGI Process Manager. But where is it?

In my seventh and latest aborted attempt to compile PHP (last attempt is PHP5.5.11), I expected to see a mention of the FPM in the results of the "configure --help" command. But there is no mention.

The step-by-step implies I need to install VS2008 to compile PHP5.4. That's ridiculous.

Thank you for the reply.