Re: A Good OOP Tutorial/Read?

Interfaces...I will add my 2 cents to what was already said.

You don't need them, but they improve quality of your code. Your application is easily maintained, improved, understandable, accessible,   more cleaner, modules can be added easily...

They implements some behavior (example):

interface toastAble
{
    function toast($bread);
}

interface talkAble
{
   function sayHello();
}

abstract class AToaster implements toastAble
{
   function toast($bread)
  {
     $bread->state = STATE_DELICIOUS;
   }
}

class TalkingToaster extends AToaster implements talkAble
{
    function sayHello()
    {
      echo "Hello, would you like to toast your bread?";
    }
}

$toaster = new  TalkingToaster();
$toaster->sayHello();