Re: mysql_connect noob question

Ever heard of the MySQL C Connector?

http://www.karlkraft.com/index.php/2010/06/02/mysql-and-objective-c/

:-)

On 4/21/13 4:33 PM, Stuart Dallas wrote:
On 22 Apr 2013, at 00:16, Glob Design Info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Except that I want to use my script and form - precisely because I have already sunk time into it. I'm not going to sink *more* time into something that could potentially create *another* problem.
The idea of sunk time is that it's already been spent, so spending more in an attempt to justify the fact you spent it (i.e. to make it work because it's already cost you time/money) is daft when you discover a pre-built solution. To refuse to investigate it due to a refusal to throw the result of that time away is pure stubbornness, a normally expensive path to walk.

I want the script to work - as it should if PHP is 1/2 what it's cracked up to be. If not, I'll have to look for another solution (like C which I have been using for 20 years).
Am I supposed to care whether you use PHP or not? But sure, let me know how much time it takes you to write a web-based MySQL management tool in C. In the meantime I'll install phpMyAdmin in five minutes, show it to your client, and probably not even charge them for it.

C? Really? Why not assembly language, since the relationship between PHP and C is the same as that between assembly and C? Hell, take it all the way to punch cards if you want

-Stuart