Re: mysql_connect noob question

Thanks for that great response Geoff.

That very well may be what is wrong, however, my problem is I don't have admin access to this server - it hosted in a BaaS site where they do all the admin. They do provide mysql command line access and it works, but it won't let me log in as root, not even on the command line.

Where is the '@'ip70-162-142-180.ph.ph.cox.net' part coming from? I have to assume mysql_connect itself is appending that in the call since it's not part of the contents of the variable I pass from the form.

And if I can't get server root access then that begs the question: how do I tell mysql_connect to turn that off and just send the user as-is?

Thanks,