Re: mysql_connect noob question

Thanks Geoff,

I am aware of the security implications. I will deal with that later. Right now I am just trying to get the WS architecture working.

I am logging in with the creds the hosting provider gave me (xeround.com)

When I use those creds on the mysql command line, or hard-code them in the script, all works fine. It is only when I pass those values from my HTML form to the script that it fails - which was why I posted the question originally - the authentication works fine, but when entered from a form and passed to the script it fails, which is what is so baffling.

I don't understand why mysql_connect should append something in the case of a passed variable but not in the case of a local variable. Unless there is something in the form parsing machinery I am unaware of.

And I am trying both from the same host.

Thanks,