Re: Is there a PHP based authentication library?

I started building one at my last job, though it was part of a framework I
was developing.  I knew I was going to need to authenticate against both
LDAP and old-fashioned database username/md5-password columns.  (Ah, legacy
user databases.)

If it would be useful, I could dig out what I had and try to make it into a
stand-alone set of functions, but I never got further than those two
options.  Basically there was a script that took in a username and password
from a web form, then looked at a config file to decide which set of the
sub-functions to use.  For a DB, it checked to see if the username and
hashed password matched a row in the database;  for LDAP, it did some
re-encoding to handle the weird encrypt that our OpenLDAP server used, then
ran through the process of checking to see if the user actually had that as
their password.

Like I said, let me know if anyone wants to see it... I'm unemployed right
now, and a project to work on this week (or next... this week is kind of
busy) might be a good thing.

-Andy McKenzie