Re: Is there a PHP based authentication library?

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:27 AM, Sorin Badea <sorin.badea91@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> I think a simple Google search would be faster. Anyway, an unified way for
> 3rd party authentication doesn't exist from my knowledge, but for Persona
> you could use the sample from mozilla github account
> https://github.com/mozilla/browserid-cookbook .
>
> Good luck,
> Sorin!
>

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM, Mark <markg85@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I stumbled upon this payment library: http://ci-merchant.org/ which
>> abstracts the different payment backends away and exposes a new easy
>> to use interface for the app developer to use. Thus making it very
>> easy to use different payment providers.
>>
>> I was wondering if something like that is also existing for
>> authentication? For example, in authentication you have quite a few
>> different ones:
>> - Mozilla Persona
>> - openid
>> - facebook connect
>> - google (openid?)
>> - use/pass based authentication (a.k.a. the self made version that
>> every dev begins with)
>> - oauth
>> - twitter connect
>> - etc...
>>
>> Is there such a library in existence? I'm especially looking for one
>> with mozilla persona implemented.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Mark
>>
>> --
>>

> --
> Badea Sorin (unu.sorin)
> sorin.badea91@xxxxxxxxx
> unu_sorin@xxxxxxxxx
> Pagina personala:
> http://badeasorin.com

I couldn't find it on google thus i asked in the one place where - if
it exists - people would probably know. I find it quite surprising
that a library like this isn't in existence yet. I can imagine tons of
sites would certainly benefit from having one generic interface to
use.

Anyway, thank you for your pointer and reply. If you (or anyone else)
finds a lib for this, please don't hesitate to post it in here. :)