RE: Re: Programmers and developers needed

Yeah, it grew out of government funding before advertising via educational institutions and the military. Would you rather have a free economy supported internet or a government controlled internet? Also, for those of us who are old enough to remember posting to text based bulletin boards, the influx of corporate money has greatly increased the infrastructure and functionality of the internet and has helped to make it a global phenomenon, which a government supported internet may have never become. Money makes all things possible. If you don't think so, try building a server farm and hooking up to a trunk line without it. My two cents. Now, I'm broke.

Jeff