Re: OT (maybe not): Drupal vs WordPress

Hi, all

+1 for that Joomla sucks ... worked with it for a while and just got
more and more disappointed of the way they write stuff. Just look at
how complicate it is to write an extension ...

Just a bit off-toppic (since you're talking about WP vs Drupal), but I
use Wordpress for small blogs and pages where I know that people don't
have that much experience with creating webpages and so on and need
very simple systems,
and TYPO3 for more complex pages (multiple domains, multi language,
complex submenus) because the system has it's own
configuration-language (TypoScript) that this let you do so many
things, way faster than writing it down in PHP. Another good bonus is
that you can decide to hide each single checkbox, inputfield or even
selections in a selectbox in the backend for an average person
administrating the web-content.

But because of the own configuration-language the learning-curve of
TYPO3 is (in my opinion) the highest of all CMS-systems for
developers.

One thing I also really like at the TYPO3-philolsophy: If someone
finds a security-issue he should immediately get in contact with the
developers (of the extension and the TYPO3 security team) and discuss
the issue with them. They decide how critical the bug is and will do a
hard work to get the fix as soon as possible. If it is a very critical
issue (someone could gain admin-access by something) they will send
out an email that there will be a bugfix coming out at next-coming day
at 9 o'clock GMT and everyone is advised to update his TYPO3-core or
the extension. This is something I really like! To be prepared for
some critical fix and knowing that (in a perfect case) no-one should
have heard about that issue before who wants to hack my website :)

Don't know if there's some similar security-policy in other
communities than this :)

Bye
Simon