Re: Mac 10.7 Install/Copy fresh PHP over Pre-Installed PHP

This is really a saga and I have a bone to pick w/Mac or anyone for that
matter that writes procedures

Now after getting command line tools installed which enabled "make" to work,
and downloading & un-taring the c-client, whoa, now ./configure doesn't
work... humm oh Apple also pulled out "autoconf", humm.... more downloads
and setup just to enable php_imap, which was "PULLED" out of PHP to work as
it should.

Okay bone to pick w/anyone who writes something that begins, How to Add/Do
"ABC"....

Title: How to Add "ABC"....
Overview: What & why you would might want to do this and why you may have to
do this if you need to do "X".
Prerequisites: NOT only things you should have, but for a novice, simple yet
comprehensive "checks" to verify that those components exist. Don't expect a
novice to see a rudimentary command and have a way to check if its there or
even question if it is or isn't. What if cp (copy in Mac) were not there or
"mkdir"? Would anyone/novice think to check or how to check first, or how to
correct?

For example on the MacPorts website it says you must have among other
things, X11, but there's no suggested check to verify that you do, how would
a novice know to check?  Also, for experienced folks, a quick check to see
if essential components are present and how they're configured/enabled or
not.  I've seen many experienced techs get to points in a process only to
find that things aren't working as they should because of prerequisites.

Component name: Click "here" to verify you have this installed/enabled and
how to do so if you don't.
Bone picking over, you can go back to to regular endeavors.... JeffP...

"Slith" <slithone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
save yourself the trouble and setup a virtualized Linux box using Vagrant
http://vagrantup.com. I think this is the way to go on Mac.