Re: Mac 10.7 Install/Copy fresh PHP over Pre-Installed PHP

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 10:21 AM, JeffPGMT <jeffpgmt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tamara, I said dll, but that was only my ignorant/windows reference to a
> system lib/bin file. I followed a blog post (bitly'ed below); I got as far
> as un-tar'ing and "make" was not available.
>
> I have other stacks Xampp (beta for Mac not for production) and is used by
> many folks w/out issue, however this is a production system, hence my
> wonderment & frustration as to why IMAP was "removed" by Apple and not a
> dev
> box for me to install 3rd party tools and have an issue with our IT.  I
> also
> considered MAMP or FastStack, however that meant there are two installs of
> both Apache & PHP. I did a test and put the preinstalled stuff on port
> 8080.
> But, I thought, It's a server OS, why not use what came installed? And that
> was one of my original questions alluding to perhaps IMAP was installed but
> turned off at some not so obvious point just waiting to be restored.
>
> I originally sent the following as a PM to TR Shaw... The OS is 10.7 Lion
> Server! (I'm really emphisising server, because when I presented my
> situation to our IT and a call to Apple I was told that it was there!  By
> the end of the call Apple said, sorry (after a nearly 20min hold, suppose
> he
> asked someone more experienced) and my IT said, hey let's just try the new
> 10.8 maybe that will fix it? I realized I was dealing with an very
> experienced Mac IT person who really didn't know.
>
> I read the instructions on adding c-client 2007, but "make" is an invalid
> cmd, apparently that's pulled by Apple too; is there a way to add php_IMAP
> w/out?  I got as far as downloading & un-tar, but failed at make
> osx...filename...
> http://bit.ly/JWre51
>
> TRShaw: What/Where/Why is the path /etc/intl ?
>
> I'm not familiar w/Mac, what are steps 3 & 4?
>
> And lastly I'm reluctant to install "XCode" or MacPorts because, I'm not IT
> and this is not a dev box. I think that these are the responsibility of IT,
> who manages the server desktops & network. I really just want to drop my
> program in and run away :)
>
> JeffPGMT
>
> "TR Shaw" <tshaw@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Actually, adding extensions (even normally bundled ones) to the stock Snow
> Leopard PHP is quite easy:
>
> 1) Download the source tarball of php and unpack it
>
> 2) cd into ext/name_of_the_extension (like ext/intl in your case)
>
> 3) run phpize
>
> 4) run ./configure with appropriate flags
>
> 5) make install
>
> Then you just enable the freshly built .so file in your php.ini and you are
> done.
>
> On Jul 28, 2012, at 12:25 AM, Tamara Temple wrote:
>
> > JeffPGMT <jeffpgmt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Please correct me if I'm wrong and IMAP is available (maybe a known
> >> config
> >> issue?)

> [...]
I just installed the latest MAMP on my MacMini running Mt. Lion ... imap is
installed and enabled by default
It also includes 3 versions of php out of the box

Davids-Mac-mini:~ dgobrien$ ls /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/
php5.2.17/ php5.3.14/ php5.4.4/

Davids-Mac-mini:~ dgobrien$ /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.4.4/bin/php-cgi
-m
[PHP Modules]
bcmath
bz2
calendar
cgi-fcgi
Core
ctype
curl
date
dom
ereg
exif
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gd
gettext
hash
iconv
imap
json
ldap
libxml
mbstring
mcrypt
mysql
mysqli
openssl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
pdo_pgsql
pdo_sqlite
pgsql
Phar
posix
Reflection
session
SimpleXML
soap
sockets
SPL
sqlite3
standard
tokenizer
XCache
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter
xsl
yaz
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]
XCache

Should be trivial to add that executable to your path for command line stuff