Re: Re: [PHP-WEBMASTER] Re: [PHP] The Cat Signal

On Fri, July 20, 2012 10:04, Lester Caine wrote:
> In Europe VAT is applied even on on-line sales. It is the likes of Amazon
>  shipping bulk stock from overseas 'clients' into European warehouses and
> then supplying them without VAT added directly in Europe that is the
> problem! How can I compete with someone who is also giving next day
> delivery, but 20% cheaper ... American sellers are one of the problems
> here.

It depends, because in Europe (I live in Germany), VAT is only added if
the value + shiping exceeds 25 Euro and customs are only added, if the
value exceeds 150 Euro

It does NOT discriminate American sellers, because German sellers have to
bill the VAT too

Also I buy regulary in the USA and even with heavy USPS costs plus Import-VAT
I am mostly lesser expensive as if I buy in Germany...

Greetings