RE: What do you call the end-user?

Hi,

I have always held that the opinion of the end-user/customer is the most
important goal in any systems development project, small or large,
regardless of the programming language/environment. The database structure,
programming, and interfaces are your product. If folks don't like it or
can't figure out how to use it or can't wait until something better comes
along, your product won't survive long in the marketplace. This attitude
should also be held for developers creating in-house solutions as well.
While management may have an overall goal for the purpose of the
programming, the people who will eventually be the ones typing/clicking
their way through your programs are the ones to ultimately satisfy. This
means more pro-active design work with the front line users is always
advisable to create long lasting programs/systems. I use mostly PHP to
create web-based interface screens for AS400 programs in a manufacturing
environment. I can spend all the time I want programming the next greatest
program, but if the guys in the plant don't/won't use it, I have completely
wasted my time. My two cents.

Thanks,

Jeff Burcher - IT Dept
Allred Metal Stamping