Re: Got HTML5 History API + caching LICKED, I think, <grin>

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Stuart Dallas <stuart@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> As for my files and homepage being Huge, yep, it's made for the future or current fast internet connections.
>> Frankly, size reduction is not on my agenda. I'll wait for the nets to become faster still.
>> And the server should spit it out at 2MB/s at least..
>
> That may be so, but when my 100Mbit/s connection finally managed to download the file it took about 4 minutes, which is nowhere near 2MB/s. Your homepage takes 7 seconds to load - that's unacceptable in the real world, especially when you're talking about a server that's (and I'm only guessing here) not under heavy load.
>
> Anyway, your comment about waiting for the nets (sic) to catch up so it can cope with your bloat has convinced me to not bother looking any further into your project, but I wish you the best of luck with it (you're gonna need it).
>
> -Stuart
>
> --
> Stuart Dallas
> 3ft9 Ltd
> http://3ft9.com/

Yup... I think rene forgot the fact is if each client requests pull
1MB/s , his upload has to be at least 120MB/s for 100 simultaneous
clients' connections.  Last time I check in ISP services, that
bandwidth falls within OC-12+ category....