Re: Got HTML5 History API + caching LICKED, I think, <grin>

On 16 Mar 2012, at 18:57, rene7705 wrote:

> Hi Folks..
>
> I could waste a lot of text on what I've accomplished during the last
> months, but the easiest thing is if you have a (another) look at (the
> source of) http://mediabeez.ws
>
> I think you'll like my opensourced work :)
>
> Feedback is appreciated.

I'm also having trouble downloading the ZIP file (Chrome 17.0.963.79 on OSX - not that the browser will have anything to do with this problem at all). The download starts, gets to a few MB and doesn't get any further.

And 52MB? Since I can't actually see what it contains it's hard to judge, but right off the bat... is your artwork necessary for the thing to work? What external libraries are you using?

Just from looking around the site there are a few things that jump out...

* The dropdown menus are incredible jittery, certainly nowhere near production-ready.

* The background image gets squished according to the dimensions of the browser window.

* Your homepage weighs in at massive 2.6MB. Nuff sed!

I suggest you take the focus off the way it looks and concentrate on what it does. Tabs with animated backgrounds remind me of websites from the late 90s. You may have developed an incredible framework here, but I don't know because it's buried under >50MB of other stuff that I almost certainly don't care about, and that's before I've even been able to download it.

-Stuart

--
Stuart Dallas
3ft9 Ltd