Re: iPhone sadness

Ashley Sheridan wrote:
And,  BTW, this bottom posting has started just two or three years ago
>when Thunderbird came in place.
Erm, bottom posting has been the standard since day 1 until Microsoft came along and changed it with Outlook. Most people who use Windows tend not to change basic settings from their defaults.

Exactly ...
I've email archives going back to 1992 and ALL of the early stuff is nicely formatted with in-line and bottom posted expansion. I've actually been editing things I would like to keep to put some sense back into the archive - but on the most part just trimming reams of unnecessary repeated sigs where people have not even bothered looking at what they quoted! I've got a nice module on my php client management system that trims stuff automatically for me when I'm uploading old messages.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL