Re: iPhone sadness

Paul M Foster wrote:
>  There IS no right way - but it IS polite to follow the rules even if
>  it is a little more difficult doing it from your chosen software.
>  Rather than apologising or simply ignoring the guide lines.
I would imagine that interleaved replies or bottom posting will never be
considered offensive on any list. Whereas we all know that top posting
can often be considered offensive, depending on the list.

By the way, bottom posting only really becomes offensive when you fail
to trim as needed.
Surely that is 'top posting' ?
But trimming IS the main complaint with ANY posting. I don't particularly object TO top posting, but 99% of the time there is NO need to have quoting switched on at all. I've seen my sig included here several times when any decent client will respect the 'sig' flag. Perhaps THAT is the default which needs looking at? OK on smart phones 'select' is a pain in the posterior, but that at least is probably the best reason for nicely threading email clients. My SMS messages get threaded - so why not emails as well so that quotes are only needed when actually addressing key points. Oh for a perfect world :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL