Re: Re: Continuance of the struggle (trying to understand)

Hi Shreyas,

Ok, as far as I can tell the script should show "This is an HTML line" reflecting that I am seeing the HTML part of the script followed by "This is a PHP line" to show that PHP is installed and working fine.

If I view the script directly in IE by going to http://localhost/phptest.php I get the output:

This is an HTML line

This is a PHP line

followed by a large and detailed list of the PHP install which includes things like compiler language etc.

If I paste the script into a web page then all that is displayed is

This is an HTML line.

Nothing else whatsoever.

I am fairly confused. I've tried a couple of different web page creators (Webplus 10 and Web page maker) and get the same result.

Sorry if I sound extremely naive but it's bugging me now and I want to understand.

Cheers

"Shreyas Agasthya" <shreyasbr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:AANLkTi=4ke1sTf8TaN7+EcJO-UX5CJ=t9-0qcTCFkx0+@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Col,

Can you let us know what exactly you see when you say
http://localhost:/phptest.php
?

Regards,
Shreyas