Re: Continuance of the struggle (trying to understand)

""Col Day"" <colinday3@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:23.81.45586.2820BAC4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

After my escapades with the real basics and realizing my laptop wasn't logged on as Administrator, I now am trying to work out why this script works sometimes but not others.

   <head>
   <title>PHP Test</title>
   </head>
   <?php
      echo "<p>This is a PHP line</p>";
      phpinfo();
   ?>

If I save this as phptest.php and open IE pointing it to localhost/phptest.php it works fine. Get both lines of text followed by the pages of gumpf about php.

However if I paste this into a

That was weird!

I was saying, If I paste this into a webpage I only get the "HTML" line as before.

Anyone have any ideas?

PHP is obviously working as is apache. Just don't understand why they don't show up in web pages.

Cheers again all!