Re: tutorial failure

On 20/08/2010, Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You don't have to reinstall the entire OS, that's a very Windows
> approach to the problem. I played around a bit last night with urpmi and
> you should be able to just list the packages you need with urpmq --fuzzy
> package_name, and then install the ones listed you think you need. I did
> notice that urpmi doesn't install the DB when you install the Apache mod
> for that DB, so you might need to install that separately, but other
> than that, you should be good to go if you install the Apache php mod.

True with respect to the windoze mentality but I had other reasons to
reformat the pc so this was a good opportunity.

The resultant web page is:

Hi, I am a PHP script

this is a test

However, the manual page implies to me that the web page should have
shown the html code, i.e.

     <head>
             <title>php test
             </title
     </head>

The source code of the web page:

     <head>
             <title>php test
             </title
     </head>
             this is a test

Is this an error with the explanation of the manual or is the
apache-php configuration still at fault?