RE: tutorial failure

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashley Sheridan [mailto:ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 11:33 AM
To: e-letter
Cc: David McGlone; php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  tutorial failure

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 16:30 +0100, e-letter wrote:

> On 19/08/2010, Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As Colin suggested on another email, check to see if apache-mod_php was
> > installed too. It seems likely that it wasn't for some reason.
>
> How to verify please? Also, the instruction to use task-lamp; it seems
> this is for mysql but the database to be used is postgresql?

Use the package manager to check and see if that was installed. I'm not
familiar with the command line for rpmi, having used Yum on Fedora
mostly, but on that you would just do a 'yum list apache-mod*' to see
what apache mods were installed and available, so I assume something
similar exists for rpmi.

The task-lamp will be using MySQL, as it is the 'm' of lamp (Linux,
Apache, MySQL & PHP)

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

I agree with the earlier take on this situation; you need to start at the
beginning and learn the basics regarding the technologies BEFORE you try and
manage them. You're trying to drive a car when you don't even know what or
car is and how to operate one so you keep crashing.

Here are some great sites to check out:
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/
http://www.wikivs.com/wiki/MySQL_vs_PostgreSQL
http://www.w3schools.com/
There are some great books out there as well to help you learn and I
recommend getting the reference guides as well. Since the gist of this
thread seems to be focused on the LAPP set-up and mainly an Apache (?)
configuration issue you might try the forums and mailing lists found there
as well.

I hope you find this helpful.

Marc Hall
HallMarc Websites
"Well, if all else fails; read the directions." - Dear old Dad, RIP

database 5379 (20100819) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 5379 (20100819) __________

http://www.eset.com