RE: Select Values Didn't Get Passed in From Two Different Forms

> Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 17:18:21 -0400
> To: ajwei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE:  Select Values Didn't Get Passed in From Two Different  Forms
> CC: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> >On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 15:12 -0400, Alice Wei wrote:
> >   What I am trying to find out is, when I have my form with a
> >dependent select menu, how can I pass the value of the select menu
> >to another page? I have mentioned in the initial email that if I
> >just allow users to type stuff, it passes the form back to itself
> >and works. However, what I want
> >  to do is to allow users click one radio button/checkbox, and use
> >that value to determine which "select menu" to bring up. However,
> >the information I am only interested in storing, is the value of the
> >select menu and not the radio  button/checkbox.
> >
> >Am I making sense here?
>
> and
>
> >>Maybe that is why I cannot pass the information on in the "hidden"
> >>value, but what have I missed here? Ajax? PHP? I am getting
> >>confused.
> >>
> >>Alice
>
> Alice:
>
> That's the reason why I am taking this in steps instead of hitting
> you with all the buzz-words you were throwing around when we started.
>
> If you don't know how to pass variables from one page to another,
> then why require ajax? That only complicates the process. There are
> several methods to pass variables from one page to another. You could
> have everything contained in a single page, but let's just solve your
> problem.
>
> To pass things from one page to another has been demonstrated to you
> in the examples I provided, namely:
>
> http://webbytedd.com/cccc/alice
>
> and
>
> http://webbytedd.com/cccc/alice1/
>
> Those forms are passing data as the user clicks submit.
>
> Now, you want the user to pick a value and then pass that value to a
> different page to bring up a different select control, right?
>
> Please review this:
>
> http://www.webbytedd.com/cccc/alice2/index.php
>
> That does everything you ask and it does it simply without ajax. From
> these examples you should be able to create just about anything you
> want.
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd

Anything I want?

Seriously, I do know how to pass a "non-dynamic" element from one page to another page, but when I started researching on how to utilize dynamic menus based on user input, I found Ajax, until this problem that I am running into hits me.

Is there some way that I could generate dynamic select menus without
using Ajax? Or, is that asking too much?

Thanks for your help.

Alice