Re: Re: replying to list (I give up)

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Ashley Sheridan
<ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I run it under Wine. Wine has come a long way since my first encounters
> with it a few years back and run a surprising amount of Windows-based
> software. I don't know how far its support for Flash has come, but I do
> remember running a version of Flash under Wine before. It was a bit
> buggy (some dialogues didn't always work) and crashed more than it might
> have normally on Windows, but it was OK at a push to get work done.
> Nowadays I don't really do anything with Flash, as it's a pita to get it
> optimised for search engines, accessibility just isn't up to scratch,
> and it takes a lot longer to build a whole dynamic site with it.

Yah, I'd never use it for a whole web site build either.  Heck, probably
wouldn't even use it for an image carosel.  We were building games with it,
which was really a no brainer to use flash.  I didn't want to get into
Java.

I'll have to try it under wine sometime.  I didn't even think about that.
But then again, my work machine is windows anyway.

--
-Dan Joseph

www.canishosting.com - Unlimited Hosting Plans start @ $3.95/month.  Promo
Code "NEWTHINGS" for 10% off initial order

http://www.facebook.com/canishosting
http://www.facebook.com/originalpoetry