Re: Do you use a public framework or roll your own?

Shortly ago, moving from programming in Gtk+ / C++ to PHP for the first
time in my life, I made a good study of the available rapid application
development options out there, studied a few PHP frameworks, read the
opinions on the internet about it, then initially decided to use a
framework to speed up development. After more thought I then began to
feel that such a framework could somehow lock one in into their way of
doing it, and if one wants to do something a bit different, there would
be a struggle with the framework's way of doing it, and ended up not
trusting frameworks for the purpose on hand, so at the end of all, it
was decided to start from scratch, gather object oriented and procedural
code from the internet to use as examples, then design based on that.
Teus.