RE: IRC and English

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Please, sir, I know that one: it's "floccinaucinihilipilification"!

(God knows why I ever learnt that -- probably some pointless schoolboy challenge 40-odd years ago!!  Is that the one that means "the act of valuing as worthless", or am I confusing it with something else?

Back on topic, I must admit that a lot of txtspk sails by without me noticing -- I suspect as a legacy of online chatting on DEC-10s back in the 70s, using 10cps teletypes, with a line length limit of 80 characters!

Cheers!

Mike
 --
Mike Ford,
Electronic Information Developer, Libraries and Learning Innovation,