Re: IRC and English

As a monolingual North American, I am also very uncomfortable with this thread.

A rant about abbreviations/IRC jargon is an appropriate discussion for list, but criticizing how non-native English speakers write English is not. This thread began with a mention of the "attitude" that non-native English speakers have, as if non-native English speakers are a unified group that are are more likely to have a bad attitude than native English speakers. Of course such a generalization could make people uncomfortable.

-jessi

Daniel Brown wrote:
On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 21:06, Paul M Foster<paulf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>