Re: Re: How to download and configure php mvc website locally

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 23:00 -1000, Sumit Sharma wrote:
> Hi all,
> The site I have download was developed using cake php. Now when trying to
> access the website it is showing a blank page. As Sudheer suggested I went
> to error log and noted down the errors there, which are as follows:
>
> [Thu Aug 20 14:10:16 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
> F:/Rabin/xampp/htdocs/favicon.ico
>
> I think there is no file called favicon.ico but how to create this file. Is
> this something related to cakephp configuration.
>
> Regards,
>     Sumit
>

> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Sumit Sharma <sumitphp5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Please help as I have downloaded a php website for my client which is
> > developed using model view controller pattern. Now when I am accessing this
> > site locally it is not showing any thing. Please tell me the what's the
> > problem
> >
> > Thanks,
> >       Sumit Sharma

This is not related to Cake whatsoever, and a 5 second Google search
would have told you that. Is the app perhaps using a database that
you've not set up? Are the permissions on the files exactly as they are
on the remote app? Is the server set up in the same general way? Are
there any missing web server modules that the app requires that you need
to add in locally?

There are a lot of questions here, but in order for anyone to help, we
need a bit more information. A blank screen could be caused by any
number of issues. What other messages are in your error log?

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk