Re: Re: How to download and configure php mvc website locally

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:00:46PM -1000, Sumit Sharma wrote:
> Hi all,
> The site I have download was developed using cake php. Now when trying to
> access the website it is showing a blank page. As Sudheer suggested I went
> to error log and noted down the errors there, which are as follows:
>
> [Thu Aug 20 14:10:16 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
> F:/Rabin/xampp/htdocs/favicon.ico
>
> I think there is no file called favicon.ico but how to create this file. Is
> this something related to cakephp configuration.

As far as I know, this shouldn't cause the problem you are describing
here.  The "favicon.ico" file only contains the small icon you see to
the left of the URL in your browser.  If it doesn't exist, the browser
will just use a generic one.

I'd suggest proceeding as follows:

  o Within the browser window displaying the page you are having
    problems with, check the source code.  This way you can see what the
    server returns to the client (the browser, in this case) and rule
    out possible issues caused by the browser itself while rendering a
    page.

  o Continue searching the web server logs for other more meaningful
    errors.

Are you sure you don't see any other errors in the browser window?
Also, are you sure you simulated the very same environment from the
original system?  Same directories, databases, etc.?  I'm not familiar
with CakePHP, but perhaps you need to set certain config options to get
it to work.