RE: SESSIONS lost sometimes

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 10:50 +0200, Leon du Plessis wrote:
> ">> It'd make sense for things to run this way, I think.  After all, I'd
> find it quite confusing if I log into Google Docs, open a document (by
> default, it opens in a new tab) and I had to log in yet again to be able to
> edit it."
>
> Yes. I agree. But in this case the Tab being opened is used with the same
> authentication details either via POST, GET or Cookie variables. The problem
> comes in when a totally different set of login credentials are being used
> (for the same tab/window).  Other user's login particulars should not affect
> your login variables.

The point is you are misunderstanding how browsers work. What the server
app is seeing is a new login that replaces the first. This is the way
browsers work, and if it changed to the idea you have for it, then
millions of sites would suddenly fail to work; i.e. any site that
requires a new tab or window to be opened in order to function, like
banks, etc.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk