Re: Obeying the rules (was Simple login form with cookies)

""Bob McConnell"" <rvm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:FF8482A96323694490C194BABEAC24A0049AD130@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: HallMarc Websites

>> Having just come in to the particular thread, I actually have work
that
>> keeps me away from here, I'm wondering why this is worth the energy
and time
>> I have seen wasted on this subject. Seems to me everyone needs to take
>> deep breath and a step back. As far as anyone going against
convention,
>> seems to me that people who think outside the box, go against
convention,
>> break the rules, whatever are the ones who keep life interesting and
>> occasionally help us find something new. I would hate to live in a
real life
>> "Stepford Wives" existence.

> Actually, I found it quite amusing to watch Tony paint himself into a
> corner and try to defend his indefensible position.

Top posting is not indefensible as it has been used in other newsgroups
without problems for over a decade. It wasn't wrong then, so why is it wrong
now?

> He reminds me of a
> number of individuals, and not a few institutions, whose attitude is
> "I've already made up my mind, don't try to confuse me with facts."

The "fact" is that some people care about top posting while others do not.
Some people are passionately against it while others couldn't give a toss. I
personally don't give a toss, but I do see red when some jumped up pipsqueak
tries to force me to conform to his vision of what is right and wrong.

--
Tony Marston
http://www.tonymarston.net