Re: Obeying the rules (was Simple login form with cookies)

> I called him "intolerant" because he jumps on issues which other people just
> don't care about.
>
> I called him "small minded" because he concentrates on small issues which
> simply don't matter in the great scheme of things. That sounds like fair
> comment to me It's just like those people who have endless arguments about
> when to use uppercase and when to use lower case. It simply doesn't matter,
> so stop wasting your time in arguing about it.

And it's not just as small minded (I'm not agreeing with you, by the
way) to assume that your point is the only valid point in the
discussion?  Nor is it just as small minded to systematically attack
someone, and the community they take part in, because they have the
audacity to disagree with you?

> Irrelevant. It does not matter how much good work anybody does if they go
> and ruin it by trying to enforce some inconsequential petty rule.

It's obviously not inconsequential, as you're making such a fuss about
it.  If it's so inconsequential, why not bottom post and be done with
it?

> The conventions in other newsgroups are different, and I can't be bothered
> to change my habits for different newsgroups just becase some internet Nazi
> says so.

Congratulations, rule-abiding denizens of php-general, we're now all
Nazis!  Way to invoke Godwin, by the way, it clearly always wins these
internet argu-debates and doesn't make you look like a loon at all.
I'm going to take this opportunity to jump on the "no more respect"
bandwagon.

> So not only are you dictating how I post, you are also dictating which
> newsreader I should use? How arrogant!

"I don't like your rules, rules that existed before I got here and
will exist after I leave and are agreed on by the community, so I'll
not follow them!" is one of the most arrogant things I've ever seen on
this list.  He was making a suggestion, ffs, and you just want to be
an ass and take everything personally.  You're making an entire
mountain range out of the proverbial molehill.