Re: Simple login form with cookies

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 13:03 -0400, Bastien Koert wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Daniel Brown<danbrown@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 12:38, Tony Marston<tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> What rules? I never agreed to abide by any rules before I started posting to
> >> this group. My newsreader assumes top posting by default, so I have been top
> >> posting for the past 10 years. If you don't like it then it is your problem,
> >> not mine.
> >
> >    Absolutely 100% completely incorrect, and in all honesty, that's
> > quite an ignorant attitude.  That's not to say that I think *you* are
> > ignorant, but rather the attitude toward established rules and
> > guidelines that have been around long before you began posting, and
> > will remain long after you leave.
> >
> >    See:
> > (Specifically: "General" #3)
> >
> >    So while it's my problem, it is also *your* problem, as the offender.
> >
> >    If you didn't agree to rules beforehand, that's your issue.
> > Ignorance is not a defense.  You were - or had the opportunity to be -
> > made aware of the rules of the list, and as such, agree to abide by
> > them by continuing to post in this - or any - public forum.  Much the
> > same as, by traveling to a foreign country, you agree to be bound by
> > their rules and regulations.  You cannot simply claim that you did not
> > know of a rule.
> >
> >    And for the record, Gmail assumes top-posting as well.  It takes
> > between one and three seconds to align each message properly, which is
> > a pain in the butt each time, I agree, but it's something that has to
> > be done.  Otherwise, it breaks threads and makes the archives very
> > difficult to read --- damning the purpose of even having them there
> > for the benefit of others on the Internet.
> >
> >    For years, we've all adapted to this, because they were the rules,
> > and because we respect each other enough in the community to follow
> > them.  Here's hoping that you won't be the odd-man-out of that
> > respectful group.
> >
> >    Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > </Daniel P. Brown>
> > daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx || danbrown@xxxxxxx
> > http://www.parasane.net/ || http://www.pilotpig.net/
> > Check out our great hosting and dedicated server deals at
> > http://twitter.com/pilotpig
> >
> > --
> >

> Gmail on iPhone/iPod touch does the same thing. Fortunately with
> copy'n'paste I can now get it to work thru the email interface. The
> web version of gmail (while nicer looking) is giving me grief in
> moving to the bottom of the message when attempting a reply (hence the
> few replies that are top posted, sorry ;-P )
> --
>
> Bastien
>
> Cat, the other other white meat

My email client does the same thing too, and I find it takes me a whole
second and a half to move my cursor to the right point in the email.
Averaging just over 60 messages in a month, that totals to just over a
minute and a half. Damnit phpgeneral, give me that minute and a half
back of my life!

Thanks
Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk