Re: Simple login form with cookies

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 12:38, Tony Marston<tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What rules? I never agreed to abide by any rules before I started posting to
> this group. My newsreader assumes top posting by default, so I have been top
> posting for the past 10 years. If you don't like it then it is your problem,
> not mine.

    Absolutely 100% completely incorrect, and in all honesty, that's
quite an ignorant attitude.  That's not to say that I think *you* are
ignorant, but rather the attitude toward established rules and
guidelines that have been around long before you began posting, and
will remain long after you leave.

    See:
(Specifically: "General" #3)

    So while it's my problem, it is also *your* problem, as the offender.

    If you didn't agree to rules beforehand, that's your issue.
Ignorance is not a defense.  You were - or had the opportunity to be -
made aware of the rules of the list, and as such, agree to abide by
them by continuing to post in this - or any - public forum.  Much the
same as, by traveling to a foreign country, you agree to be bound by
their rules and regulations.  You cannot simply claim that you did not
know of a rule.

    And for the record, Gmail assumes top-posting as well.  It takes
between one and three seconds to align each message properly, which is
a pain in the butt each time, I agree, but it's something that has to
be done.  Otherwise, it breaks threads and makes the archives very
difficult to read --- damning the purpose of even having them there
for the benefit of others on the Internet.

    For years, we've all adapted to this, because they were the rules,
and because we respect each other enough in the community to follow
them.  Here's hoping that you won't be the odd-man-out of that
respectful group.

    Thanks.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>