Re: Simple login form with cookies

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Daniel Brown<danbrown@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 12:38, Tony Marston<tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What rules? I never agreed to abide by any rules before I started posting to
>> this group. My newsreader assumes top posting by default, so I have been top
>> posting for the past 10 years. If you don't like it then it is your problem,
>> not mine.
>
>    Absolutely 100% completely incorrect, and in all honesty, that's
> quite an ignorant attitude.  That's not to say that I think *you* are
> ignorant, but rather the attitude toward established rules and
> guidelines that have been around long before you began posting, and
> will remain long after you leave.
>
>    See:
> (Specifically: "General" #3)
>
>    So while it's my problem, it is also *your* problem, as the offender.
>
>    If you didn't agree to rules beforehand, that's your issue.
> Ignorance is not a defense.  You were - or had the opportunity to be -
> made aware of the rules of the list, and as such, agree to abide by
> them by continuing to post in this - or any - public forum.  Much the
> same as, by traveling to a foreign country, you agree to be bound by
> their rules and regulations.  You cannot simply claim that you did not
> know of a rule.
>
>    And for the record, Gmail assumes top-posting as well.  It takes
> between one and three seconds to align each message properly, which is
> a pain in the butt each time, I agree, but it's something that has to
> be done.  Otherwise, it breaks threads and makes the archives very
> difficult to read --- damning the purpose of even having them there
> for the benefit of others on the Internet.
>
>    For years, we've all adapted to this, because they were the rules,
> and because we respect each other enough in the community to follow
> them.  Here's hoping that you won't be the odd-man-out of that
> respectful group.
>
>    Thanks.
>
> --
> </Daniel P. Brown>
> daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx || danbrown@xxxxxxx
> http://www.parasane.net/ || http://www.pilotpig.net/
> Check out our great hosting and dedicated server deals at
> http://twitter.com/pilotpig
>
> --

Gmail on iPhone/iPod touch does the same thing. Fortunately with
copy'n'paste I can now get it to work thru the email interface. The
web version of gmail (while nicer looking) is giving me grief in
moving to the bottom of the message when attempting a reply (hence the
few replies that are top posted, sorry ;-P )
--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat